Marcin Jankowski's Pages
- Oracle's Year Zero affects date functionality. Weekdays, leap years and julian day number are incorrect for years BC.
- Oracle dates and timestamps. Examples, problems and special cases explained.
- Problem with Dbms_Xmlgen.Convert function. It cuts the last byte when converting UTF-8 strings.
- Example of pipelined function that can be used as the source of data.
- Conditional compilation (Oracle 10g) allows the code to be changed depending on set flags.
- Oracle Nvl function can yield unexpected results due to the fact that the second parameter is always evaluated. Examples and solutions.
- Regular Expressions are similar to like clause. They do however provide more flexibility and are generally more powerful.
- Quest Error Manager is an easy to use framework for logging and managing errors.